Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Superfoods Salad!

Hey guys! So I wanted to share a recipe with you that is SO yummy you'll want to eat it everyday, like me! This salad is awesome, and my husband will even eat this for dinner, which at times can be tricky because I'm pretty sure if there were a mens guidebook, the first statement would be: Salad is not dinner, it's a side! But not this bad boy! This salad is packed with protein, healthy greens, and is super easy to make! I Try to make it easy because I know that life is busy, and we don't always have the time of day to be a Chef.


  • Ingredients:
  • 2 TBSP Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Dressing: This dressing is AMAZING! It only has 40 calories per 2 tablespoons (which is plenty dressing for this salad). It's made with Greek yogurt, so your cutting out the high fats and calories that's in normal dressings. And the best part about it, is it takes similar to Cafe Rio's house dressing, but I actually like the taste of this dressing better!  You can find this at the grocery store. 
  • 2 Cups of the "Superfoods" Salad Mix: You can find this at Costco. This kit does come with dressing, but I don't like it. It has a lot of calories, and is a grosser version of Poppyseed dressing. The kit also comes with a seed mix, that is mixed with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and craisins, which I add to the top of my salad (about 2 tsp).
  • 1 Hard boiled egg: Costco now sales pre-cooked hardboiled eggs that are ready to eat! They are the best, and worth the money if you're like me and HATE peeling hard boiled eggs.
  • 1/4 Cup grilled Chicken: I always meal prep all of the chicken I'm going to eat, at the beginning of the week. Saves me SO much time through out the week. 
  • 1 TBSP Fat Free Feta Cheese: I LOVE feta SO much! I always have to add it to any salad I eat! Try using Fat-free, or low-fat to stay away from extra fat, and calories.
  • 1 Tsp Chia Seeds: This is optional, and I usually only put it in my salad if I didn't put it in my morning protein shake.
  • 1/4 Avacado
Mix all the ingredients together, and garnish with cilantro! 

Enjoy! 

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or thoughts!!

Xoxo,

Jess Pugmire

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I haven't tried the Bolthouse cilantro avocado dressing yet, but it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh it's AMAZING!! Seriously, I could drink it!! hahaha

      Delete